Our core business is Romanian, Bulgarian and Turkish commercial fleets
Advantages of global marine insurance:
- Marine account focuses on Black Sea region
- London or similar terms and conditions
- Normal maximum capacity USD 15.000.000 per vessel or conveyance
- CertAsig is reinsured by Lloyd’s and other first class reinsurers – Swiss Re and Hannover Re
- CertAsig offers a comprehensive network of dedicated surveyors and correspondents providing fast response, professional and experienced claims management
- 24 hour / 7 days a week service for vessels in distress
- Claims handling process is ensured by qualified personnel with over 25 years experience
- 12 months trading and full trading laid up and single voyage
Normal maximum underwriting capacity:
-up to USD 15,000,000 any one vessel (Hull and P&I combined)
Blue and Brown Water Hull & Machinery
Losses and damages caused to the vessel by the following risks:
- perils of the sea, rivers, lakes or other navigable waters;
- fire, explosion;
- theft by persons from outside the vessel;
- jettison or cargo carried away by the sea;
- collision with vessel, aircraft or other similar objects falling therefrom, land conveyance, dock or harbor equipment or installation;
- collision with quay, dry dock or other type of dock, building way, launching way, careening grid, pontoon, mole, jetty, platform, buoy, telegraph cable or any other fixed or floating objects, including floating ice;
- earthquake, volcanic eruption or lightning;
- measures to save the vessel;
- measures taken by the authorities to prevent or diminish the pollution hazard or threat thereof resulting directly from the damage to the vessel;
- navigation error.
Protection & indemnity
- Illness, injury and Loss of Life – Seamen
- Illness, Injury and Loss of Life – person other than seamen
- Loss of or damage of third party property
- Wreck removal
- Pollution risks
- General Average
- Sue & Labour and Legal Costs
- Cargo Liabilities
- Quarantine expenses
All Risks of loss or damage to the subject-matter insured caused and discovered during the period of insurance, including latent defect, faulty design of any part (or parts thereof), but not the cost or expense of repairing, modifying, replacing or renewing the faulty part(s), nor betterment or alteration in design.
- Sea Trials (up to 250 miles)
- Launching Failure
- Protection and Indemnity
- Collision Liability
- General Average
- Sue and Labor Expenses
Pleasure Crafts & Yachts
CertAsig covers loss of or damage caused by:
- Perils of the seas, rivers, lakes or other navigable waters
- Fire, explosion
- Earthquake, volcanic eruption or lightning
- Collision with other vessels or fixed or floating objects
- Salvage charge
- Total / Partial Theft
- Malicious acts
- Latent defects in hull or machinery
- Legal costs
Insurance can be extended to cover following risks:
- Personal effects
- Liabilities to third parties
- Loss of or damage to the subject matter insured during transit by road, rail, car, ferry or air
- War and Strike risks
- Loss of or damage to motor and connections, electrical equipment and batteries and connections, caused by latent defects in hull and machinery, negligence, heavy weather.
Other Marine Liability
Port Authorities even in case of a “passive” nature, are still responsible for the general efficiency and safety of the port and its approaches, and may incur liability from any number of sources. In addition to general public or third party liability exposure, most ports have entered into contracts buildings leased, hired-in plant and equipment etc. and in many case this aspect of contractual liability may be overlooked in a port’s insurance programme.
- Legal Liability to Third Parties in respect of death, body injury and part property damage arising within the port and occasioned through the insured’s activities.
- Contractual Liability.
- In addition, various extensions of cover may be purchased dependent upon the parts requirements, including
- Liability for hired in plant and equipment
- Tenants and occupiers
- Overseas travel
- Excess Protection and Indemnity for owned vessels
- Wreck removal
- Unregistered vehicles
CertAsig’s Ship Repairer’s insurance is based on London market wordings.
- Loss/damage to the vessel in the case of the insured for the purposes of being worked upon.
- Shifting and moving within the port confines, including trials trips.
- Loss/damage to cargo etc. on or discharged from the vessel being subject of repair.
- Loss/damage to machinery while removed from vessel for the purpose of being worked upon, including while in transit between vessel and repairers premises.
- Wreck removal.
- Loss/damage to Third Party property arising from ship-repairing activities.